Professional & dedicated training programs
Spyder Forensics - Known Network Intrusion Forensic Examinations (KNIFE)
This 4 day intermediate class is designed to provide the student with the skills and techniques to respond to a cyber intrusion incident. The students will learn the anatomy of an intrusion, collection of memory and volatile artifacts, and techniques to unravel the mystery of how the network was compromised.
The course will follow adult learning principles through training aids such as presentations, diagrams and practical instructor lead examples. Each artifact covered will be presented in either one or two 50 minute sessions followed by review questions. Students will be given the opportunity throughout the course to ask questions and discuss objectives covered in more detail. Throughout each day students will have practical exercises to work on in order to reinforce the topics with a final practical at the culmination of the training.
The course will be structured as follows:
- An overview of the tools that will be utilized in the course for demonstrations and student practical exercises. References may be made to commercial products in addition to tools that are free and in the public domain to be utilized during the course
- Planning Incident Response
- Execution Identification / Log Analysis
- Advanced Memory / Persistence
This hands-on course is geared towards forensic investigators with 6+ months experience in forensic case work with a basic understanding of Microsoft data structures. To gain the maximum benefit from this course, you should meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Read and understand the English language
- Have attended basic digital forensic training
- Have previous investigative experience in forensic case work
- Be familiar with the Microsoft Windows environment and data recovery concept
The students will learn the anatomy of an intrusion, collection of memory and volatile artifacts, and techniques to unravel the mystery of how the network was compromised.
- All participants will receive official certification from Spyder Forensics after successfully completing the course.
Here you have the opportunity to register for the current training. Or contact us for more information.