Cold Chip-Off Forensics Training
|Date:||18 - 19 March 2019|
|Venue:||GERMANY, 76870 Kandel, Barthelsmühlring 24|
|Presented by:||Teeltechnologies Canada|
|Organiser:||mh SERVICE GmbH|
The NEW 2-Day Cold Chip-Off Training offers digital forensics professionals new techniques for removing memory and other IC chips from digital devices using a “no heat” process. In this class you’ll explore the latest trends and tools for chip removal, with a focus on milling, polishing, and reballing.
Students attending our Cold Chip-Off class will receive in-depth instruction, and first-hand experience in; the use of an UltraTec Polishing Machines, with a focus on practicing reballing techniques for reads, and will conclude with data acquisition.
As this class is meant to build upon our Chip-Off 2.0 with Certification training, it is recommended that students interested in this course have a good theoretical and practical understanding of chip preparation, handling, and removal techniques.
This course is for law enforcement only.
Students should bring their own laptops whenever possible.
- Windows 7, 8 und 10
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7, 8 and 10
- min. 8 GB RAM, min. 100 GB Storage
You must have admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class.
What will I learn?
- Review of Chip Off process
- Introduction to UFS chips
- Alternative way to reball a chip
- Non heat chip removal using the milling process
- Non heat chip removal with the polishing process
- Demos and student hands on practical of both processes
- Continued milling and polishing practice
- Using the Medusa Pro for chip off reads
- Alternative Reading Tools for chip off
- Introduction of DediProg UFS reader with student practical
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Students attending this class will receive an Essential Kit for Reballing and the handling of chips which includes:
- BGA Reballing Station Chip Holder Repair Base
- 4 Stencils (BGA 221, BGA529, BGA169/162, UFS BGA95)
- Lead Free SMT Low Heat Solder Paste (Sample Size)
- Aluminum Foil Tape (Sample Size)
About the presenter:
Teeltechnologies provides mobile forensic training classes, tools, and services to the digital forensic community. We have been successfully training law enforcement, military, and government agencies, throughout Europe, and offer a complete mobile classroom that enables us to set-up where needed.
Futher information and registration:
+49 (0) 7275 404440